Consumer Contracts - Delivery & Returns
Rembrand Timber will do all that it reasonably can to meet the date given for delivery. In the case of unforeseen circumstances, beyond the reasonable control of Rembrand Timber we may be unable to deliver. In such circumstances Rembrand Timber will contact the Customer and agree an alternative date. The Customer will also do all that he/she reasonably can to enable the delivery.
Items are usually dispatched within 48 hours (stock permitting). The majority of orders will be delivered within 3-4 working days (excluding weekends and Bank Holidays) on our own fleet of vehicles.
We try to make sure that the main construction products on the website are available in all stores at all times. If any items you order are not available we will use the telephone or email details you have provided to contact you and let you know when the products will be in stock again, and discuss how you wish to proceed.
As soon as the order has been processed you will receive an e-mail from one of our sales team to confirm the date and an approximate delivery time for your order.
Collect from Store
We can look out your order and have it waiting ready for collection at your local branch. You will receive an e-mail to let you know when the order is ready to collect, all you need to bring with you is your order confirmation or confirmation number.
Deliveries normally occur between 8am and 5pm. Currently the exact timing of delivery cannot be specified.
• Delivery cannot be guaranteed if there is no one available to assist with offload and receipt of goods.
• We will deliver to site provided that there is a suitable road to the point where delivery is requested. If no such road exists delivery will be made to the nearest point at which, in the driver’s opinion, the vehicle can safely and lawfully unload.
• Unless otherwise stated, all deliveries will be made direct to the nearest convenient hard standing (or area of cover provided that this can be done safely and without causing damage). We are not responsible for any additional lifting or carrying of your goods.
• If you can't be present for the delivery, we can leave the goods and post your invoice as long as :-
• there is a suitable place to leave goods e.g. garage
• the goods do not require assistance unloading e.g. railway sleepers.
If you wish to use this service then please put as much information as you can in the delivery instructions.
Please note we will not be responsible for the goods after delivery if they have been left according to your instructions.
Rembrand Timber deliver to all areas in mainland Scotland except some rural highlands and islands areas. Please contact your local branch to discuss if there are any additional delivery charges before placing your order, or phone our head office on 01382 323200 for a delivery quote.
Charges relating to Uplift of Goods Returned
Stock goods which have been over ordered or are no longer required can be returned but will be subject to a 25% re-stocking fee. You will have to bear the direct costs of returning the goods. The cost may be high, depending on the dimensions and weight of the goods.
Unfortunately non-stock items or specials materials that have been manufactured to customer specification cannot be returned unless faulty or misdescribed.
Faulty, Misdescribed or Damaged Products
It is our responsibility to supply you with goods that meet your consumer rights. If you have any concerns that we have not met our legal obligations please contact us. For full details of our complaints policy please contact us.
To arrange for the product to be collected email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01382 323200 with you order number and details of the product to be returned. We will either provide a replacement or process a refund.
You can also choose to return the product to your local store, with proof of purchase, for a full refund including delivery charge.
All refunds will be made to the account used to purchase the product.
We reserve the right to inspect all returned products prior to agreeing to any part-refund, full refund or product exchange.